End of the year is for celebrations of a year gone by as well as some stock taking and reminiscing about lessons etched in the echelons of memory.
They say you should look ahead, but how can you ever do that without looking back, ruminating of the days gone by and drawing the right kind of lessons..
1) You never quite have it all. There’s always room for more. What eventually matters is learning to remain content as long as the basics are in place.
2) To win some battles you’ve got to lose all you’ve got. The first step is to conquer the insurmountable walls of our ego.
3) No one can give unconditionally all relationships personal and professional just reflect and echo what we give them.
4) With time our inner circle will shrink only to a few people who’ll stand by us through thick and thin. But even when no one’s standing you’ve got to walk a mile or two alone.
5) Time and space can heal anything.
6) Everyone is struggling with something or the other. Life isn’t a bed of roses for anyone. Be kind to yourself, be empathetic towards others, just makes the roller coaster ride called life easier.
7) Acceptance is the key to sailing through. Acceptance of the lows and the highs instead of battling it out in our minds helps us keep our sanity when life is tough.
8) Steer clear of all toxicity in your relationships, your job and nip negativity in the bud.
9) Invest in the future: spend time with yourself,children, make time to meditate,read.
10) Disconnect from social media and technology and connect with yourself through anything that gives you joy and peace.
I might keep going back to this list as a reminder of how I would want to spend this year, what is on your list of reflections?